Monday, November 23, 2009

Please, pretty please

45-49 degrees yesterday and today here in New York. Ran in the nice hotel gym - the treadmills had televisions on each one! Anyways, met up with Megs at her office (on a Sunday, yes) and tried to make it to Central Park. However, we were too busy eating and shopping!! So far we've walked down through lower east side and through midtown east.

We planned to see a cinema and wound up watching Blind Side - the movie based on the true story of the Raven's NFL linebacker, Michael Oher - in a cute New York theater. The movie was wonderful and it was a great opportunity to feel like a local instead of a tourist. There was a group of 5 elderly Jewish women that I wanted to take a picture of 'cause they were the epitomy of Jewish wealth in the city. [Read: Sex And the City's Charlotte and her Jewish synagogue matchmakers].

Reminding me of England, New York has adorable delis scattered through the city. I was surprised when we walked into what looked like a small, counter-only mart but it turned out there were two buffet-style counters of hot entrees and salads. It was like Whole Foods on a budget!

Waiting to see if Beth Israel Hospital can accommodate an interview this week. They offered it on Friday but the interview dates don't line up with my stay in New York. I guess this is how things work during residency interviews... Please, pretty please can I come and have an interview please.

Can we talk about these Target commercials with the blonde woman in red and pearls. She's hilariously preparing & training for the Target black-Friday sale and I giggle at her every time.

Found out the Rockefeller Christmas tree lighting will be on Dec 2nd after I've already left the city :( I'll go see if the tree is up at least and I can take pics. Megs doesn't have time 'cause of work, Erin's already been, and Alyssa isn't the hugest fan and needs to save money, so I'm going on the Sex And the City tour by myself sometime today or tomorrow. SUPER STOKED!


No comments:

Post a Comment