Sunday, November 22, 2009

Empire State of Mind

Now I know how those ladies from Sex And the City were always in good shape... walking! Megs and I walked all over Manhattan yesterday for brunch, a little bit of shopping, & lots of sightseeing. It's neat to see the different neighborhoods of Manhattan (Gramercy, Midtown, Soho, Greenwich) and to catch the subway. There were some really great street performers too which I took video of - but lost it, see below.

There's no such thing as personal space on the subway. Everyone packs in like sardines and getting off is tricky. You gotta move fast, be pushy, and watch your step! We took pics on the subway yesterday, too, but in a frenzy at the club last night ALL the pictures that were on my camera got erased. Sad face. Tear. That's okay 'cause it was only the first couple days of New York that I think I lost... Guess I'll just have to take more pics!

Something this Hawaii girl is not used to in NY: coat checks! Because it's so cold, everyone has to wear their heavy outerwear but then have to carry them around once in the bar/club. Instead, there are coat checks :) However, I didn't want to pay the $2 to check my coat so I found a cozy place for it and went back to it at the end of the night. Neat little place called Irving Mill with a cozy atmosphere and the DJ was ooookay but drinks cost $12. Darn.

Going to take Margaret's advice and step out on Sunday in my yoga pants -- everyone else on the streets are wearing tights!! Plus, my feet hurt from walking yesterday and dancing last night so I wanna wear my running shoes... Agenda for today? Central Park and maybe a movie with Megs.

Wish you were here!!



No comments:

Post a Comment