Sunday, November 29, 2009

Electric Blue

I ran through Central Park!! I get to check that one off the list of things to do in my lifetime :) Also had a hotdog from a corner cart ($1.5o in case you were wondering) with sauerkraut and mustard -- there was no relish! No relish on a hotdog is outrageous btw...

Left NYC with my running shoes on to head to San Jose. It's a short story but I ended up having to rent a car and then drive to Sacramento for a couple nights rest. Lucky me, Fox Rent-A-Car actually did exist and then I was upgraded from an economy car to a PT Cruiser. I woke up this morning to discover my new wheels are ELECTRIC BLUE! I guess I had no idea when I got into the car in the dark at the airport that it was that bright... I thought it was navy or a dark gray. Silly, fun things. Drive an electric blue PT Cruiser -- CHECK!

Spent a fun day with my family today: making waffles, playing in the fort, reading through the Sunday newspaper ads, going out for burgers, playing RockBand2 on the Wii, and getting some stuffesses done on the computer. It's nice to be back in California. It's crazy to be driving past my college hangouts and old friends' places with a totally new purpose. I hope that if I stay in the Bay Area for residency, that I can make new memories as well as cherish the good ones I once left behind.

Tomorrow I shall make the 2 hr drive back to San Jose for another residents' dinner and interview. It's a good feeling to get through an interview and learn as much as you can about a program. Easy to forget, we medical students must remember that we are interviewing the programs to make sure they are a good fit - and only a little bit are we on trial :p

Of note this evening: There's nothing more special than biker dudes and chicks carrying toys for tots down the freeway.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!

    Your blog is awesome! Good luck with the job hunt and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete