Thursday, November 26, 2009

macy*s day parade

It's been a fun past few days in NYC... Staying at my cousin Erin's place on the upper east side and traveling downtown on the subway and west on foot.

Surprisingly, I was offered another interview in the city - they opened up a personal interview day for me. I definitely felt that another interview made my trip more worthwhile. Wait, what am I talking about? Worthwhile? I got to hang with Megs, go on the Sex & the City tour and get closer to the fabulous ladies I dream about sometimes, I've strolled through Central Park, got to cook and eat Thanksgiving dinner with my cousins Erin and Alyssa, and check out the Macy's Day Parade balloons in real life!!

The trip has been very worthwhile. I would like to thank everyone for putting me up in hotels, their apartments, and giving me rides around the country. There have been some bumps in the road but (hopefully) it's making me a better...traveler.

I will have to figure out how to attach photos to the blog 'cause after Central Park, the Parade, and Thanksgiving dinner I've got some good ones. There were two crazy girls running around the Union Square Farmers Market, the subway, Agata & Valentina market, and the grocery store with miniature shopping carts yesterday... Oh, wait! It was my cousin, Alyssa, and myself! Trying to shop for all we needed for Thanksgiving dinner was fun but tiring by the time we finally got home. [The tiny shopping carts are because NYC is so compact, that their grocery stores are compact, and their shopping carts need to be short, too].

And how about that Parade? We watch it every year on television but for the first time in my life, I got to see the balloons up close! The weather was beautiful, 55 degrees and sunny with no wind, and there were plenty of peeps out with kids on shoulder and strollers to check out the scenes. I secretly wanted to be friends with those hanging out their windows watching it from Central Park West, but kept it to myself when I saw the kiddies sitting on the port-a-potties for a better look.

I'm getting tired from eating too many calories. Hopefully I'll get up for a run through Central Park tomorrow -- last full day in NYC...

No comments:

Post a Comment