Friday, November 20, 2009

Paying It Forward

Whew. First interview done. Every single girl there was wearing hose - so, Hawaii ladies, remember to wear your nylons! I won't say more about the program itself but the residents are awesome fun and there are some cool little towns here on Long Island.

Doctor: "Why is everyone wearing black suits today? Is there a black suit sale in town?"
Sarah: "...."
Doctor: "Is there a discount sale at the black suit rental place?"
Sarah: "...."

This was part of my interview today.

Fun Pumpkin Spice Ale served with a cinnamon sugar rim on the glass -- yummy but interesting to drink beer with a sugared rim. A wonderful applicant has offered me a ride back into JFK Airport tomorrow morning... We've realized that us applicants gotta stick together during these tough times of traveling and expense. I'll save about $70 by hitching a ride with her and am eternally grateful. I'm sure I will offer another applicant a ride when I have a car somewhere in NorCal. So here's to PAYING IT FORWARD and that other lucky applicant.

1 comment:

  1. That interviewer is just having a mid-life crisis moment realizing that he's made a life where everyone thinks they should wear black suits to be around him. hmmmm. Unless I die, no black suits when you hang out with me. Even then... wear some sequins, preferably neon ;)

    ReplyDelete